The purpose of the YDP grants is to provide assistance to young scientists and engineers with low budget, so that they may participate in RAAD2022 to present their papers. The YDP grant covers up to 50% to a maximum of US $500 of the difference between total cost of registration fees, transportation and accommodation of the participant.
In order to be eligible for support, the participant should be „young“ (aged less than 37 years in 2022) and come from a IFToMM Member Organization.
The application letter must include the following information in the YDP grant request form:
1. the name and date of the conference;
2. the reason for participation;
3. the source and amount of funds which will cover the costs not to be paid by the YDP grants.
The letter of request must be accompanied by:
1. a curriculum vitae including date of birth,
2. a letter of recommendation from a senior person at the home institution confirming that funds are not available to fully support the event’s participation,
3. a budget estimate for the total expenses of the participant to attend the conference,
4. a letter of support from the Chair of the Member Organization (i.e. the country) in which the applicant works/studies.
Preferences for funding will be given to countries/territories that have a strong need, have not received prior grants under this program and whose IFToMM subscriptions are fully paid.
Please notice that the application deadline isMarch 31, 2022.